Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I order my part?
- Customers on terms (NET 30) must submit Purchase Orders generated through their company’s purchasing system. All other customers may submit orders in writing via the Santa Clara Systems’ online order-form-link on your quote or via the order form PDF
- US Domestic shipping only. We do not ship to freight forwarders at this time.
- Verbal orders are not accepted.
- Instructions in the body of emails are disregarded. Shipping and order instructions must be included on our order form or on your purchase order.
- We do not quote out-of-stock material—line items not quoted are currently unavailable.
- Customer generated purchase orders are accepted via sales at santaclarasystems dot com.
- Credit card information should be provided via phone: (510) 995-3390 or 888-450-0301. If payment is pending the order will not be processed.
- Orders with FedEx Priority, FedEx 2 Day, and FedEx Express Saver logistics, received BEFORE 3:00 p.m. PT, are processed the same day.
- Orders received AFTER 3:00 p.m. PT requiring same-day processing will incur an additional rush fee.
- Orders with Ground or an unspecified shipping method may ship on the following business day.
- Freight costs, if applicable, will be added to the final invoice.
- Orders containing dangerous goods will be shipped on our carrier account.
- Orders will be shipped via FedEx unless otherwise specified.
- Adobe Reader must be installed on Apple devices for quotes to be displayed correctly.
How do I submit a request for quote (RFQ)?
- Search for your desired part number on santaclarasystems.com. Once you locate the item of interest click the Get-A-Quote feature and a quote will be sent as an attachment (PDF) to the email address provided.
How do I pay?
- Accepted methods of payment are by credit card including Visa, MasterCard, American Express (AMEX), Discover, wire transfer, ACH, and by company cheque.
Do you buy surplus material?
- Yes. Please submit your list to We Also Buy or via email to buyer at santaclarasystems dot com.
What are your hours of operation?
- Our doors are open 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) Monday through Friday. However we offer 24-hour emergency service. If you have an after-hours emergency call (888) 450-0301 and select Option 3.
To whom do I email my order?
- Email orders to sales at santaclarasystems dot com.
What is your fax #?
- Our fax number is (510) 995-3398.
Where are you located?
- We are located at 2060 North Loop Road, Alameda, CA 94502, just five minutes from the Oakland International Airport (OAK). See our Place Page.
Do you ship to Canada or other countries?
- At this time we ONLY ship to destinations within the United States.
Do you offer same-day shipping service?
- Yes. We have a variety of same-day services ranging from FedEx, courier, and airport pick-up.
Do you offer emergency shipping service?
- Yes. If you have an after-hours emergency call (888) 450-0301 and select Option 3.
When will my order ship?
- Most orders are shipped the same day as ordered.
What is the cut-off time for ordering so that my shipment will be shipped today?
- FedEx Priority, 2 Day, and Express Saver orders received before 3:00 p.m. PT will be processed the same day they are received. Ground orders or UNSPECIFIED shipping methods may not ship until the following business day.
How do I get a tracking number?
- Tracking numbers are automatically emailed at the close of each business day to the email address you specified in your order.
What are your weight limits for shipping?
- Packages can be up to 150lbs (70 kg). Packages can be up to 165 inches (419 cm) in length and girth combined. Packages can be up to 108 inches (270 cm) in length. Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations. Oversized packages will require freight arrangements.
Do you have a minimum order size by quantity or dollar value?
What manufacturers do you carry?
- Please browse over 1000 different manufacturers on our Manufacturers page.
The part that I'm looking for is obsolete. Can you help me?
- Yes. We specialize in hard-to-find and obsolete parts.
The part I need is not obsolete but it is not in stock. Can you order it for me?
- Yes. We are able to order many parts with varying lead times.
Can I buy used parts or modules? What types of conditions do you offer?
- Yes. You can buy used material at a substantial discount. We offer new, used, and refurbished merchandise.
I only need a spare until my machine is up and running. Do you rent your parts?
- Yes, depending on availability. Feel free to inquire about part rentals.
Can you repair my part?
- Please call us for more information.
Do you offer a warranty on your merchandise?
- Yes. Our parts come with a six-month warranty.
How do I return a part (RMA)?
- Please reach out to customerservice at santaclarasystems dot com or call (510) 995-3390 x220.
Is there a restocking fee for returning material?
- You may be subject to a restocking fee for an RMA.
How do I apply for credit?
- All applications for credit are processed by our Credit Department. Please email your inquiry to sales at santaclarasystems dot com. You will be sent a credit application which we will use to determine your credit status.
Why do I have to pay California sales tax?
- If you are exempt from California sales tax we require you to provide us with a reseller certificate/permit.
Are you authorized distributors?
- No. We are wholesale electrical consolidators that distribute industrial electronic parts for factory automation.